Self Catering Wheelchair Accessible Cottages in Newquay, Cornwall
Situated on the headland in the popular beach resort of Newquay, Cornwall, the Headland Hotel provides 17 disabled-adapted, wheelchair-friendly self catering cottages just next to the hotel. With amazing views over the Atlantic Ocean and across the North coast of Cornwall, these cottages have been purpose built with contemporary design and modern facilities.
These spacious cottages are perfect for families and friends to share a holiday in luxury and comfort at the ocean's edge in the beautiful county of Cornwall, with a choice of one, two or three bedrooms.
Each cottage has a dining area and well equipped kitchen, so you can choose between self catering or dining in the hotel. The master bedroom has a four poster bed, and other bedrooms have twin-beds. The lounge area has a large sofa, gas fire and flat screen TV.
The hotel facilities are available to guests of the cottages, with a bar, restaurants and a fully accessible spa (built to DDA standard), tennis, golf, croquet and free use of both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Other recreational opportunities include a hot tub, fitness center, sauna, and a golf course (within 3 km).
The hotel itself has some rooms that have been adapted for wheelchair access and there are lifts to every floor. Some mobility aids are available and the hotel is willing to provide others on prior request.
We recently returned from another trip to the Headland, staying again in one of the cottages. This works brilliantly for us, as our dog loves the area as much as we do and a cottage gives us the space and flexibility we need.Ian R - Trip Advisor
Disabled Friendly Facilities
- 17 disability adapted self-catering cottages with a choice of 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms. 14 of them are on one level. The rooms are spacious and adapted for wheelchair users.
- Wheelchair accessible showers and grab rails.
- Public Areas
- The hotel is up a slight hill about 200 metres in length from the cottages, with wheelchair access to the bar, restaurant and other facilities. The cottages have onsite parking.
- Local Amenities
- The town centre of Newquay is 1 mile away and within a short drive there are dozens of sandy beaches, numerous tourist attractions and plenty of scenic and historic sites to visit.
- Newquay Airport is a 20 minute drive and there is a train station in the town centre. A wheelchair accessible taxi service is available if booked in advance.