Vietnam & Cambodia Package Wheelchair Friendly Holiday
14 days and 13 nights’, journey through exciting Vietnam and Cambodia experience the sights and sounds of Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Ha Long Bay, Danang, Hoian and Hue. Explore the famous Angkor Wat Temple.
This wheelchair friendly holiday in Vietnam and Cambodia has been designed with disabled people in mind it includes, accessible accommodation in 4 star hotels, wheelchair accessible transport in well equipped minibuses, sightseeing and partly accessible boat tours. For wheelchair users, there are some tours on this holiday which require some moving and handling.
- Day 1 / Arrive in Hanoi
- Upon arrival in Hanoi, you will meet your guide at the airport, then transfer to the hotel. Free time for relaxation at the hotel.
- Day 2 / Hanoi City Tour
- After breakfast, start Hanoi city tour - visit the Ba Dinh Square, the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (limited accessibility), the French Square, HCM’s house and garden, the One Pillar Pagoda. Move on to visit the Ethnology Museum. Eat lunch at a local restaurant (not included). Continue the tour with a visit to the Temple of Literature (The 1st University of Vietnam) Enjoy a fantastic trishaw ride through the hustle and bustle of the old quarter for 1 hour. Transfer back to the hotel for relaxation.
- Day 3 / Halong Bay
- After breakfast, transfer to Halong, a World Heritage site. On the way, stop to visit the Hong Ngoc handicraft center where there are many disabled workers. Arrive in Halong, get on a boat (not wheelchair friendly) and cruise out on the beautiful bay. Admire the gorgeous scenery, enjoy taking nice pictures and relax on the boat. Visit Thien Cung cave (not wheelchair accessible) Enjoy a nice fresh seafood lunch on the boat. Transfer to hotel. Free time for relaxation. Stay overnight in Halong
- Day 4 / Hanoi, Danang, Hoian
- Transfer to Hanoi airport and take a flight to Danang. Once arriving in Danang, meet the guide and transfer to Hoian. Check in and relax at hotel overnight.
- Day 5 / Sightseeing in Hoian
- In the morning take a wander, to see temples and houses that date back over 200 years. Visit Hoian history Museum, Hoian Ancient house and cultural centre, Cantonese assembly Hall, Japanese pagoda bridge. Go shopping in Hoian. In the afternoon, sightseeing by vehicle, go to visit the Thanh Ha ceramic village and Tra Que vegetable village. These villages are wheelchair accessible, and it's an interesting place to learn about the local traditional ways of life. Back to the hotel overnight in Hoian.
- Day 6 / Hoian, Hue
- In the morning check out of the hotel and transfer to Hue, the Royal city of the Nguyen Dynasty. Stop on the Hai Van pass for photo opportunity's. Arrive in Hue, visit the beautiful Minh Mang tomb, which has excellent wheelchair accessibility. Transfer and free time at the hotel. Overnight in Hue.
- Day 7 / Hue
- In the morning transfer by van to visit the Thien Mu Pagoda, the symbol of Hue. Continue to visit Dong Ba market. In the afternoon transfer by van to visit the Hue Imperial Citadel. Back to the hotel to relax. Overnight in Hue.
- Day 8 / Hue, Ho Chi Minh City
- Check out the hotel, transfer to the airport for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City. Meet the guide at Tan Son Nhat airport. City tour, visit the war museum the famous Notre Dame cathedral (church), central post office and the Ben Thanh market. In the evening see a water puppet show (not accessible) Back to the hotel to relax. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Day 9 / Ho Chi Minh City, Cu Chi Tunnels
- In the morning transfer to visit the Cu Chi tunnels, where Vietnamese guerillas took shelter during the war with the USA. This is accessible for wheelchair users, to freely move around the area to learn about the history of the war and how the Vietnamese people survived. Transfer back to Ho Chi Minh City. In an afternoon visit Chinatown, Binh Tay market, Thien Hau temple, and visit a lacquer ware factory where there are many disabled workers. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Day 10 / Ho Chi Minh City, Cai Be in the Mekong Delta
- In the morning transfer to Cai Be, in the Mekong Delta. See a traditional village, visit some workshops where local people make products such as rice paper, salt, pop rice, pop corn, coconut candles etc. Have lunch on a big boat, whilst cruising the Mekong River. Visit the Cai Be floating market, take a sampan ride through a small Ba Nam canal (the sampan ride is only for able-bodied people, disabled people and wheelchair users will stay on the big boat) Visit a fruit garden to eat tropical fruit and enjoy music. Transfer back to Ho Chi Minh city. Overnight at hotel in Ho Chi Minh city.
- Day 11 / Ho Chi Minh City, Siem Reap
- After breakfast at the hotel transfer to the airport and take a flight to Siam Reap. Arrive in Siam Reap, meet the guide and transfer to a silk farm. Check-in at hotel. Overnight in Siam Reap.
- Day 12 / Siem Reap full day
- After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to visit Angkor Wat Temple. In the afternoon visit the South gate of Angkor Thom. In the evening dinner and a show at the Apsara Dance Show. Transfer to hotel. Overnight in Siem Reap.
- Day 13 / Siem Reap full day
- After breakfast at the hotel, visit Banteay Srey Temple. In the afternoon transfer to Ta Prohm Temple. In the evening transfer back to the hotel. Overnight in Siem Reap.
- Day 14 / Siem Reap Departure
- Breakfast at the hotel, and relax. Transfer to the airport. Fly home.
|Carers||$40 per day||Must be booked in advance|
|Overnight Carer||$25 per day|
|Single Room Surcharge||$500||1 room 13 nights|
|Groups||On request||Discounts for group bookings|
- Hotel accommodation (based on twin sharing normal rooms).
- Any assistance for the disabled guests’ convenience such as plastic chairs in bathroom, ramps where available, people to help carry them when necessary.
- Hotel breakfast and other meals as per the itinerary.
- All ground transport on tour, 2 domestic flights, 1 international flight, boats, trishaw ride.
- All entrance fees for sightseeing and show.
- Local English speaking guides (other languages are upon requests).
- Daily 2 bottles of water/pax.
- International flight tickets to and from Vietnam.
- Visa for Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Personal Insurance.
- Personal expenses such as other meals, drinks, laundry, massage, spa, shopping etc.
- Wheelchairs + helpers