Lisbon Package Holidays for Wheelchair Users
7 days and 6 nights in Lisbon, the capital of Portugal. Experience the sights, sounds and tastes of Lisbon and the surrounding region.
These holidays for disabled people and their companions include disabled friendly hotels and wheelchair accessible tours and excursions. The accessible transport is a 9 seat minibus which can accommodate 4 wheelchairs and 5 seated. In addition to the tours below you can book other tours and experiences (surfing, diving, horse riding, paragliding, sea bathing in special chair, monuments, museums, aquarium, planetarium, etc)
- Day 1 / Arrive in Lisbon
- Arrive at Lisbon Airport of Seaport. Transfer by wheelchair accessible minibus to your chosen hotel.
- Day 2 / Visit Historical Belém
- Discover the ancient quarter of Lisbon situated at the mouth of the Tagus River, with its gardens and historic monuments, like Jerónimos Monastery, the Monument to the Discoveries, the Belém Tower, the Belém Cultural Center and Vieira Portuense Street. Included is a tour of the National Coach Museum which houses a unique collection of ornately decorated historic horse drawn coaches.
- Day 3 / The Estoril Coast and Sintra
- Sintra is an area in the west of Portugal which is known for its Romantic architectural monuments and has been classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. After tasting some of the traditional sweets of the region we take you to the Serra de Sintra with breathtaking views of the surrounding region and after making a tour of the area we end up at the Castle of the Moors and the Pena Palace. You will eat lunch in a traditional local restaurant before moving on to the Western most point of Europe - the Cabo da Roca. The tour continues along the Estoril Coast with its fine beaches and beautiful panoramas and passes through the picturesque village of Cascais.
- Day 4 / The Romance of Lisbon
- We start the day with a visit to the Queluz Palace, an 18th Century rococo-style palace, summer retreat of Kings, Queens and Princes, now open to the public. Sample some delicious traditional pastries called Fofos de Belas and then continue with the tour of the romantic side of Lisbon. A capital with diverse cultural influences and rich in history, Lisbon is choc-a-bloc with places to see, Alfama, Castelo de São Jorge and Terreiro do Paço to name a few. Watching the sun set over the Atlantic completes the romantic charm of this luminous city.
- Day 5 / Batalha and Fatima
- Travel to the World Heritage Site, Batalha's Monastery, a dominican convent erected in commemoration of the 1385 Battle of Aljubarrota and an example of late Gothic architecture. Enjoy lunch in a typical local restaurant and then on to the Sanctuary of Fatima, famous for the apparition of the Virgin Mary to 3 schoolchildren in 1917. The Sanctuary includes the Basilica, the Chapel of the Apparitions, the Church of the Holy Trinity (the 4th largest Catholic Church in the world), the Retreat House of our Lady of Sorrows, the Retreat House of Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Paul VI Pastoral Center.
- Day 6 / The Parque das Nações
- A visit to the Parque das Nações (Park of Nations), an area in North Eastern Lisbon on the estuary of the river Tagus, which was transformed in the 1990's for the 1998 World Exposition into a center for leisure and commerce. It now houses the Vasco da Gama shopping mall, the Lisbon's International Fair complex and many attractions, including the Oceanarium, one of the world's biggest aquariums. The waterfront area has magnificent views overlooking the longest bridge in Europe, the Vasco de Gama bridge, and the banks on the other side of the river. From here you can also take some time to explore downtown Lisbon.
- Day 7 / Departure from Lisbon
- Time for yourself until transfer by wheelchair accessible minibus to the airport.
|Carers||On request||Daily rate|
|Nurses||On request||Hourly rate|
|Special Meals||On request||According to your requirements|
|Mobility Aids||On request||beach wheelchair, various others|
|Physiotherapy||On request||Hourly rate|
|Groups||On request||Discounts for group bookings|
- Transportation in a comfortable wheelchair adapted taxi with air conditioning
- Multilingual guide
- 3, 4 or 5 star wheelchair accessible hotel accommodation
- Transfer to and from airport
- 7/7 Telephone helpline
- Travel insurance
- International flights to Portugal
- Extra services