Estoril Wheelchair Friendly Beach Holidays
7 days and 6 nights to discover and enjoy the Estoril coastline on the Atlantic Coast of Portugal, celebrated for its dazzling beaches, small coves and stunning views. Many of the beaches have been awarded for their ease of wheelchair accessibility and some have amphibious wheelchairs available.
These are wheelchair friendly vacations which include disability friendly hotel accommodation, wheelchair accessible outings and the accessible transport is a 9 seat minibus which can accommodate 4 wheelchairs and 5 seated. In addition to the tours below you can book other tours and experiences (surfing, diving, horse riding, paragliding, sea bathing in special chair, monuments, museums, aquarium, planetarium, etc)
- Day 1 / Arrive in Lisbon
- Arrive at the airport (or seaport) of Lisbon where you will be met and transfered by wheelchair accessible taxi to your chosen hotel.
- Day 2 / Up to You
- Use this day to explore the local area, beaches, shopping districts, or you can book an extra activity if you wish.
- Day 3 / Vila de Sintra, Cabo da Roca, Guincho and Cascais
- Visit the town of Sintra, declared a World Heritage Site due to its abundance of ancient Roman architecture. Taste delicious local desserts, such as 'queijada de Sintra' or 'traversseiro de Sintra'. After that its on to Cape Roca, Europe's most westerly point, Guincho, a paradise for surfers, and along the coast to stop off at the picturesque fishing village of Cascais. In the afternoon you will have free time to visit the local area or do whatever you want.
- Days 4 and 5 / Beach Days
- Free days to enjoy the beautiful beaches in the area. There is a seaside coast path known as the Paredão between Cascais and São João do Estoril with showers for swimmers, water spouts and many benches along over 3 kilometres.
- Day 6 / Visit Historical Belém
- Discover the ancient quarter of Lisbon situated at the mouth of the Tagus River, with its gardens and historic monuments, like Jerónimos Monastery, the Monument to the Discoveries, the Belém Tower, the Belém Cultural Center and Vieira Portuense Street. Included is a tour of the National Coach Museum which houses a unique collection of ornately decorated historic horse drawn coaches. In the afternoon you have some free time to do some shopping for souvenirs locally or in downtown Lisbon.
- Day 7 / Departure from Lisbon
- Transfer to the airport (or seaport) by wheelchair accessible taxi at the scheduled time.
|Carers||On request||Daily rate|
|Nurses||On request||Hourly rate|
|Special Meals||On request||According to your requirements|
|Mobility Aids||On request||beach wheelchair, various others|
|Physiotherapy||On request||Hourly rate|
|Groups||On request||Discounts for group bookings|
- Transportation in a comfortable wheelchair adapted taxi with air conditioning
- Multilingual guide
- 3, 4 or 5 star wheelchair accessible hotel accommodation
- Transfer to and from airport
- 7/7 Telephone helpline
- Travel insurance
- International flights to Portugal
- Extra services