Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai Wheelchair Accessible Holidays Package
9 days and 8 nights in the North of Thailand. Beginning with 6 days in Chiang Mai, visiting local cultural sites, mountain parks, Buddhist temples, local crafts and hill tribes and then moving on to Chiang Rai, high in the Himalayan mountains in the Golden Triangle, where Thailand meets Laos and Myanmar.
These are package holidays for disabled people and includes transport in wheelchair accessible vehicles, the holiday accommodation is in quality hotels with disabled facilities and all excursions have disabled access.
Please note that all these packages are limited to a maximum of 6 people due to the availability of accessible transport. The price is significantly lower (per person) for group bookings, therefore we recommend that you bring your friends with you, whether able-bodied or disabled.
- Day 1 / Transfer to Chiang Mai
- The guide will meet you at the Airport in Bangkok, from where you will take a transfer flight to Chiang Mai. There you will be met by the guide and taken to your hotel. Relax in the evening and enjoy a welcome dinner. Includes dinner.
- Day 2 / Local Tours in Chiang Mai
- Visit the Doi Suthep Temple in the morning followed by a trip to the local zoo and aquarium after lunch. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 3 / Wildlife and People of Chiang Mai
- An action packed day, starting with a trip to see elephants working in the forest, (elephant rides are possible). After that is a tour of the orchid farm with lunch. Next is a monkey show and a snake show followed by a visit to the see the long necked and big eared hill tribes. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 4 / Chang Mai Crafts & Hot Springs
- Spend the morning visiting local home craft industries including thai silk weaving, teak wood carving, umbrella making, silver, leather and jewellery crafts. After lunch is a trip to the Sankampaeng hot spring. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 5 / Mountain Parks
- After breakfast is a trip to the highest peak in Thailand in the Doi Inthanon National Park, where you can enjoy amazing views of the region and see the King and Queen Pagoda. After lunch see the Vachiratharn waterfall and visit the King Royal Project. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 6 / Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai
- Breakfast in the hotel and then transfer to Chiang Rai and check in to the hotel. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 7 / Chiang Rai
- After a hotel breakfast, first stop is Wat Rong Khun, the White Temple, a spectacular modern Buddhist temple still evolving. After lunch is a visit to another temple, Wat Phra Kaew, famous for the Emerald Buddha and its museum of local history from the 13th to 18th centuries. Later you can explore the town of Chiang Rai and do some shopping and sightseeing on 'Walking Street'. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 8 / The Golden Triangle
- After breakfast visit the Golden Triangle, the mountainous border region between Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Enjoy the incredible views while taking lunch at the Golden Triangle Restaurant. In the afternoon visit the Mae Sai market on the Thai-Myanmar border. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 9 / Chiang Rai to Bangkok
- After breakfast transfer to the Chiang Rai International Airport to connect with your flight home from Bangkok. Includes breakfast.
|Carers||On request||Daily or half daily rate|
|Mobility Aids||On request||Wheelchairs can be provided|
|Physiotherapy||On request||Hourly rate|
|Groups||On request||A second accessible minibus is available|
- Minibus with ramp or lift for wheelchairs
- 4 or 5 star hotel accommodation
- All entry fees and local taxes
- Hotel breakfast and other meals as per the itinerary
- Multilingual guide
- Air ticket from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
- Air ticket from Chiang Rai to Bangkok
- Travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner unless included in the itinerary
- International flights to Thailand