Bangkok & North Thailand Package Holidays for Disabled People
14 days and 13 nights touring famous cultural sites and the beautiful nature of Thailand. From the busy bustle of Bangkok to the ancient capital of Ayutthaya and then 6 days in Chiang Mai, visiting local cultural sites, mountain parks, Buddhist temples, local crafts and hill tribes before moving on to Chiang Rai, high in the Himalayan mountains in the Golden Triangle, where Thailand meets Laos and Myanmar.
These disability friendly package holidays include accessible wheelchair hotel accommodation, disabled accessible transport to all destinations and fully wheelchair friendly tours.
Please note that all these packages are limited to a maximum of 6 people due to the availability of accessible transport. The price is significantly lower (per person) for group bookings, therefore we recommend that you bring your friends with you, whether able-bodied or disabled.
- Day 1 / Dinner & Show
- Pick up from the airport and transfer to your hotel. Evening dinner and show at Siam Niramit. Includes dinner.
- Day 2 / Cultural Tours & Dinner Cruise
- Breakfast in the hotel followed by a tour of the amazing Grand Palace and the Wat Pho Buddhist temple. Enjoy lunch at the Baiyoke Sky tower, Bangkok's tallest building with 360° panoramic views over the city. Spend the afternoon at the Wat Traimit Buddhist temple, followed by a dinner cruise on the Chao Praya river. Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Day 3 / Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Siam
- A day trip to Ayutthaya, north of Bangkok, visiting the ruins of Buddhist temples and acres of temple gardens, preserved as they had been left after the sack of the city centuries ago. See the Bang Pa In Palace on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, still in use by the King of Thailand. A day to learn much about the history and culture of Thailand. Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Day 4 / A Day by the River
- Breakfast in the hotel followed by a trip to the Floating Market, where locals sell their produce from long tail boats on the river. Lunch and show at the Rose Garden. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 5 / Bangkok to Chiang Mai
- After breakfast in the hotel, there's a transfer flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai with lunch on the way. Check in to the hotel and relax with a welcome dinner in the evening. Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Day 6 / Local Tours in Chiang Mai
- Visit the Doi Suthep Temple in the morning followed by a trip to the local zoo and aquarium after lunch. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 7 / Wildlife and People of Chiang Mai
- An action packed day, starting with a trip to see elephants working in the forest, (elephant rides are possible). After that is a tour of the orchid farm with lunch. Next is a monkey show and a snake show followed by a visit to the see the long necked and big eared hill tribes. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 8 / Chang Mai Crafts & Hot Springs
- Spend the morning visiting local home craft industries including thai silk weaving, teak wood carving, umbrella making, silver, leather and jewellery crafts. After lunch is a trip to the Sankampaeng hot spring. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 9 / Mountain Parks
- After breakfast is a trip to the highest peak in Thailand in the Doi Inthanon National Park, where you can enjoy amazing views of the region and see the King and Queen Pagoda. After lunch see the Vachiratharn waterfall and visit the King Royal Project. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 10 / Explore Chiang Mai
- A day where you can relax, do some shopping or explore the area. Up to you. Includes breakfast.
- Day 11 / Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai
- Breakfast in the hotel and then transfer to Chiang Rai, where you will visit the Mae Kajan hot spring. Have some lunch and check in to the hotel. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 12 / Temples in Chiang Rai
- After a hotel breakfast, first stop is Wat Rong Khun, the White Temple, a spectacular modern Buddhist temple still evolving. After lunch is a visit to another temple, Wat Phra Kaew, famous for the Emerald Buddha and its museum of local history from the 13th to 18th centuries. Later you can explore the town of Chiang Rai and do some shopping and sightseeing on 'Walking Street'. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 13 / The Golden Triangle
- After breakfast visit the Golden Triangle, the mountainous border region between Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Enjoy the incredible views while taking lunch at the Golden Triangle Restaurant. In the afternoon visit the Mae Sai market on the Thai-Myanmar border. Includes breakfast and lunch.
- Day 14 / Chiang Rai to Bangkok
- After breakfast transfer to the Chiang Rai International Airport to connect with your flight home from Bangkok. Includes breakfast.
|Carers||On request||Daily or half daily rate|
|Mobility Aids||On request||Wheelchairs can be provided|
|Physiotherapy||On request||Hourly rate|
|Groups||On request||A second accessible minibus is available|
- Minibus with ramp or lift for wheelchairs
- 4 or 5 star hotel accommodation
- All entry fees and local taxes
- Hotel breakfast and other meals as per the itinerary
- Multilingual guide
- Air ticket from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
- Air ticket from Chiang Rai to Bangkok
- Travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner unless included in the itinerary
- International flights to Thailand