Algarve Beaches & Culture Disabled Friendly Holidays
7 days and 6 nights in the Algarve in the South of Portugal. A mixed package of cultural tours, beach days, shopping and exploring the beautiful nature of the Algarve.
This is a disabled friendly package holiday. The accommodation is in disability adapted hotel rooms, the tours are wheelchair friendly and the accessible transport is a 9 seat minibus which can accommodate 4 wheelchairs and 5 seated. In addition to the tours below you can book other tours and experiences (surfing, diving, horse riding, paragliding, sea bathing in special chair, monuments, museums, aquarium, planetarium, etc)
- Day 1 / Arrive in the Algarve
- Arrive at Faro International Airport or Seaport or Train Station. Transfer by wheelchair accessible minibus to a choice of accessible B&Bs, hotels and resorts.
- Day 2 / Lagos & Sagres
- First is a visit to Lagos, a city on the Atlantic coast where you will visit the first slave market in Europe, the statue of Henry the Navigator and the Golden Church of St. Anthony, a masterpiece of Baroque architecture. Then on to Cape St. Vincent, the most South-Westerly point of Europe and visit the 15th Century fortress of Sagres.
- Day 3 / Monchique & Portimão
- A trip to Foia, the highest point in the Algarve, then a visit to the Caldas de Monchique, an ancient roman spa, famous for its mineral water. After that there is sightseeing in Portimao with plenty of opportunities for photos at the beautiful beach of Praia da Rocha.
- Day 4 / Loulé Market
- A visit to the town of Loule, with its narrow streets, old city wall and medieval castle which has a typical local market with fresh fruit and vegetables sold by the farmers who grow them.
- Day 5 / Faro & Olhão
- A visit to Faro, the capital of the Algarve, where the Ethnographic Museum and the Bishop's Residence are located in the Old Town inside the old city walls. After that its on to Olhao, an important fishing town with Arabic cultural and architectural influences, where you can visit the waterfront market.
- Day 6 / Cacela Velha & Tavira
- A trip to Tavira, a charming old town with many churches and the famous roman bridge in the town centre. After that its on to Cacela Velha with fantastic panoramic views.
- Day 7 / Departure from Faro
- Transfer to the airport of Faro, seaport of train station by wheelchair accessible taxi.
|Carers||On request||Daily rate|
|Nurses||On request||Hourly rate|
|Special Meals||On request||According to your requirements|
|Mobility Aids||On request||beach wheelchair, various others|
|Physiotherapy||On request||Hourly rate|
|Groups||On request||Discounts for group bookings|
- Transportation in a comfortable wheelchair adapted taxi with air conditioning
- Multilingual guide
- 3, 4 or 5 star wheelchair accessible hotel accommodation
- Transfer to and from airport
- 7/7 Telephone helpline
- Travel insurance
- International flights to Portugal
- Extra services